Om my , you guys are soooo great! Thank you so much
for stopping by the new shop
& signing the guestbook!! Im so thankful, and even though I havent had time to thank everyone, Im so busy with yard work, I have browsed everyone's blogs, who left a comment & I promise I will be back! OK cute peoples, here ya go! Here are the instructions for the exploding photo box
! These instructions are from a local class I took (Thanks Michelle!), but I have made some changes along the way to make it a bit easier & bigger for more than 24 cut/cropped photos. So here we go:
You need: 5 sheets double sided 12" x 12"cardstock, sharp paper scissors, glue stick, paper cutter with scoring blade, and a corner rounder (optional).
1. Take first piece cardstock(the one design you want to be on outside of box) and score lightly in 4" from each side, like a tictactoe board.
2. Next paper measure & cut 11 3/4 x 11 3/4" from edge. Score this paper 4" in on each side as well.
3.For the next 2 sheets cut one sheet 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" , and the other 11" x 11". Score both these sheets in 4" on all sides.
4. For last sheet cut out lid 6" x 6". Score this box aprox 1" on all sides. Cut lid sides as shown above in photo, just one slit on all sides.
5. Cut out other 4 corners on scored paper pieces as shown. Clear as mud? Layer in order of cuts.You will see how your color choices need to alternate if using different colors. Once you make one its a snap!
6. Corner punch or round edges if desired. Glue all bottoms together, as well as lid corners.
7. Ta da! Attach your lid and decorate! You may have to ajust your lid slightly, or cut edges of box to make fit. Maybe a good idea to make a rough copy on cheap paper first!
8. Decorate with left over peices however you like!(for photgraphing purposes here is a different one decorated, just waiting for photos)
Feel free to email me if my instructions aren't clear & please let me know if you try one so I can come take a peek!
Labels: box craft tutorial free instructions pattern, papercrafts