Pixie Blossoms Free Templates

 

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Chocolate & Vintage Sewing Notions

I have searched near & far for the best & simple chocolate zucchini cake recipe, and have I ever found it. In case anyone would like it, an old german recipe for using up all of the wonderful zucchini from our gardens: Quick & Moist Chocolate Zucchini Cake
2 cups grated peeled zucchini
3/4 Butter
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp.vannilla
2 1/2 Flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp.baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tea cinnamon or apple pie spice
Cream butter & sugar,& add eggs & zucchini(if frozen & grated already-squeeze out all water)I grate up all my leftovers at the end of the summer garden and freeze in2 cup baggies just for this) Put all dry ingredients together and add 1/2 to butter mixture. ADD 1/2 CUP MILK. Add rest of dry ingredients. Gently stir only till moistened. Bake @350 for 1 hour in a well greased bundt pan! Enjoy!

I also thrifted a huge score of vintage sewing notions that i have broke up into 3 different goodybags....so I thought id share the wealth & put some for sale in my shop http://norththreads.etsy.com


And more aprons are there too...

and some yummy linens! If anyone tries the cake let me know!! Off to the sewing room where I have been seriously lacking in the last few days ........take care for now

xox

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

That cake looks so moist and delicious! What sorts of stores to you look in for your wonderful vintage finds?

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was thinking about zuccini recipes just this morning. i'll have to try this one!

2:58 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Oh thanks for the yummy cake! Wow you did score, you've got the thrifty eye that's for sure! Such sweet aprons.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh! cake recipe sounds like a winner!! i'll be sure to give it a try and let you know...thanks!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just visited your etsy store and oh my goodness! How lucky is the child that receives your cute little picnic set (or the milk and cookies!)

and how inspiring for me... :)

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bounced over here from Ms. Foof's blog...and I am SO MAKING that recipe after I hit the farmers market this Sunday! YUM! Thanx!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home