Pixie Blossoms Free Templates

 

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Crafting with Kids-Valentines & CD Cookie Pouches Tutorial

Easy Childrens Valentines & Cookie CD Pouch goodies
Crafty Kids can make Cd Cookie Pouches & Matching Valentine gift with mums help!
Choose some colored papers,stamps or if you dont have valentine ones use old greeting cards to cut up, ink pad, pinking shears & your off!
Stamp & glue valentines image on cardstock. I used pink shown here, and the kids stamped a red kangaroo. Layer onto another color cardstock and glue down, repeat again so its thick with 3 layers & cut out with pinking shears. Stamp on paper & glue or write on back To & From & what ever words you would like(see white paper with matching red inked words below) Ours says
"Here's a treat cause your so sweet!" made by StampinUp

We used paper CD holders with the transparent fronts(to show cookie)through. We stamped a red inked heart along top & bottom edge of cookie pouch, then added a co-ordinating paper tag with some old ric rac. Pop in cookie of your choice- wouldn't a pink iced sugar cookie look fantastic peeking out! Together makes a great Valentine & cookie gift for fellow school pals or friends!

We found the paper cd holders in 50 packs for under $5.00 at the grocery store. Heres 20 we made for everyone in class,al assorted. Now we just need to make some heart-shaped cookies !But then again the chocolate chip are always an all time fav.

Featured here on Kiddley!! Happy Crafting!

21 Comments:

Blogger Raesha D said...

These are so cute! What a fabulous idea.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

This is a fantastic idea! Such a creative use of the cd envelopes- best of all- I actually have some of those around the house!

Looking forward to our swap as well, I am 1/2 way done!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Dannielle said...

Wonderful idea!! They are adorable!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Vintage Wine said...

They are so pretty :-) Such a great idea!

4:36 AM  
Blogger homespun living said...

Such a great idea~I'm wishing my kids were little again!
Debbie

10:34 AM  
Blogger dee said...

thats a great idea, love that the kids can help too!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

hmmm I don't think my first comment made it. I forgot I changed to google. :) This is such a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing it.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great ideas!! Very fun :)

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are in a valentines move if ever there was one. lookin' good! now to learn to make cookies that TASTE good!

5:04 PM  
Blogger deb said...

what a wonderful idea! They're all so sweet.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how adorable!! i can see the kids got your creative gene :)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Jodi Ohl said...

I never thought to use cd holders in such a way, great idea!!!!

lucy

9:04 AM  
Blogger Aarika said...

I don't have any children but I think my friends have some cd sleeve-encased cookies in store for them =) I love this idea.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love how you used the CD holders. So creative.

Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. I checked out your pics of felt food on Flickr and loved them all. I've never seen popsicles before - so cute. And your milk carton is adorable. Lots of inspiration.

Jennifer

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is absolutely brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing this.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute is this and the cd pouch is VERY clever.
Always fun to peak at what you're up to, thanks!

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kangeroos are are a great idea and the little poem is so sweet. I'm sure you will have many smiley faces on valentines day :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

Brilliant idea putting the cookies in the paper cd holders!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angela, love your ideas... you are extremely crafty and clever, which make for an excellent match. I have a question for you though.... I bought some clay at our local craft store and forgot to ask the salesperson what to do with it. I was wondering if you knew if I just leave it out to air dry or ?????? I want to encourage the children to make beads and buttons to help mummy make gifts for their little friends. Help! Lots of love, Nicole xox.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Mrs.Kwitty said...

What a fun idea of something you can do with the kids--and give them that great pride moment "I made this for you!" Yeah!!
Smiles, Karen

8:28 PM  
Blogger Janna said...

Hi Angie -- I'd love to include this post in a roundup of fun Valentine's Day crafts for iVillage.com. Can you email me if I can have your permission??

jannaoberdorf [at] gmail [dot] com

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home