Pixie Blossoms Free Templates

 

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Valentines Keeper Pocket Tutorial

Valentines Heart Pocket Project Tutorial:
Instructions:1. Cut out 2 matching heart shapes out of fabric. I used an old vinatge housecoat cut up! Cut out 2 wing designs out of your favorite heavy cardstock in a wing shaped design-see photo. Place onto a peice of woolfelt & sew around edges of white wings. Cut out around with pinking shears so you wool shows a bit behind.
2. Sandwich your wings in between your 2 fabric hearts. If your fabric is thin you can interface them or just sew in a peice of cardstock inbetween the layers to stiffen it up. Sew around entire heart sewing wings inside. You will have raw edges all around! I love it-too easy! You can use pinking shears if you want!

3. Hand sew on ribbon to hang & buttons, and decorate to your hearts desire. I used glitter,papers,vinage buttons,trims,tule,and vintage ricrac.

4.Shove in some great vintage valentines to finish it off! Go here for some free images to get you started:

http://collectibles.about.com/library/clipart/blvalclipdex.htm


There you go! Enjoy your heart pocket .You could make them all of paper for the kids to keep all there school valentines in you like. Feel free to make gifts or fro yourself but please do not sell my design-or sell valentine images as they are copyright. Thanks & hope my instructions aren't too terrible & be sure to let me know if you try one!!!Have fun!

~cheers~

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea. That is an awesome idea for the 'miss popular' who will get heaps of valentines. I have a few ideas swimming around in my head but nothing substantial. I might go make some pretty tags though.... I have piles and piles of paper that needs to be turned into something creative. Thanks for sharing. xox Nicole.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Raesha D said...

OH I LOVE IT!!!! I will definitely be making a few of these for some dear ones for Valentine's day!!!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Junie Moon said...

This is a truly delightful project--thank you so very much for sharing it with us.

7:40 AM  
Blogger homespun living said...

Thank you so much, I have been trying to come up with ideas in my mind for something similar...seeing yours is very helpful. It is beautiful! Thanks for the link also.
Debbie

4:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is too cute - a lovely idea :)
I also particularly like the altered clipboard.
You have been busy, keep up the good work, it's very inspiring...

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! This is soooo cute! I want to make one for my kindergartner to keep hers from school in! LOVE it! I'll send you pics when I make mine. Thanks for sharing!

7:44 PM  
Blogger carol pink cottage said...

hi there thanks for coming over to visit
i will be back to visit you
carol

8:32 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Darling!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh a pocket heart! What a wonderful idea! Thanks for that!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home