Pixie Blossoms Free Templates

 

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Getting Through Winter

Thought I would share a few pictures of the crib quilt I finished for my son Layne. I was so inspired by Jacky when I saw her fabrics for a quilt she was making for a teacher gift. I was hooked . I knew I must make my son one out of that fabric!!! I was already trying to come up with an idea for a crib quilt for him as he's been kind of left out of everything because he was born on New Years Eve. With all the Christmas hoop-la (even though I live for it) ,the little things were just forgotten. Both my other children were made a quilt even before they were born by myself or a grama, so Im a tad behind. But hey-Im told not to feel too guilty now that there are 3 to chase!
Hand stitching in process. Loving the measuring tape border.
I backed it with a white vintage popcorn chenille blanket.
All done! Time to iron!
Now some fresh air to chase away the winter blues.....

13 Comments:

Blogger weirdbunny said...

Well now that's what I call a sledge!! My kids manage on a blue plastice push sledge..lol..

2:12 PM  
Blogger ** Terramia ** said...

You are truly gifted... great to see such fantastic BC talent!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Dannielle said...

Beautiful! I really, really like that fabric!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Jodi Ohl said...

Your crib quilt is adorable, love your son's name, too. Very unique.

Nice job as always, thanks for sharing!

lucy

5:07 AM  
Blogger Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Abolutely adorable!!!!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Ruth Welter said...

Angie, this is just beautiful..I so admire people who sew. I cannot sew a stitch!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Junie Moon said...

What a wonderful quilt! I am so impressed.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Lucky boy! Gorgeous quilt.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that a child-sized snowmobile?

7:44 PM  
Blogger FrostingsNSparkles said...

That is just beautiful!!

9:10 PM  
Blogger The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Hi!
I love your work and your blog! It's a pleasure to on Glitter and Grunge with you :-)

Jenny

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice way to chase away the winter blues - Now that is a mighty fine sledge!

Your quilt is beautiful - what a lucky boy Layne is to have such a talented mommy :)

8:15 AM  
Blogger colleen said...

I love the quilt. I just bought some of the same fabrics and I was going to attempt my first quilt with them. I'm glad I found yours, so I can get some ideas about how to lay it out.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home