Pixie Blossoms Free Templates

 

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Stitchery & Bag Organizer

I finished my little ducky stitchery, and I really like how it turned out! My camera is terrible-yes I know I whine about it almost every post-but c'mon it does really stink! If its sunny out I can get a better shot, but it rained last night and so this is the best I can do sorry! (maybe my hubby will read and listen to my pleas......). This weekend my oldest son turned 12 and we had a sleepover with 8 boys..YIKES is all I can say. Set up the 10 man tent, roasted weiners, made smores on our fire pit, rode bikes & played with bow & arrows. Ahhhhhhhhh, to be a kid again. I sure wasn't , I was the stressed out mom pulling her hair out in the background everytime I heard the mention of mustaches,shaving,and girls. I think they were still up at midnight playing capture the flag in the dark, running around my yard! Then they all slept in our huge tent outside & it poured & poured, and someone didnt zip up the tent so they were all soaked!
So I sewed! I had 3 custom orders for bag organizers last week in my shop, Here's one:
Turquiose with removable bow pin, and coordinating notepad. I just put in a couple of things in it, so you could get the idea of when its rolled up in your bag. Then you don't loose all your goodies in the bottom!
Crazy as it is, I have to start planning my craft fair & bazzar goodies now for the holidays! So I need inspiration when its sunny & beautiful out because it's really hard to Christmas craft in the hot sun, just not into it. So I need to start producing holiday items by September, so I started a new group over at Flikr, if anyone does this too & needs some inspiration for new goodies & display ideas. Here's the ady:

9 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Lol! I can just picture that sleepover (shivers). Your work is just gorgeous Angela. I love the little ducks and your organiser is perfect!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the ducky stitchery! So sweet. The bag organizer is a great idea - I love the color!! I really like the flickr idea - it is hard to think of winter things in this weather. Sounds like the sleepover was a great success (at least for the boys). It's always interesting listening to their conversations - yikes!! My oldest will turn 12 in Sept, so I'll be doing the same thing!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Your photo looks great on my screen, how cute is your ducky scene! And what a good mom you are! Love your sweet bag organizers!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Vintage Wine said...

The ducks are so pretty!

Oh, how I would like to have those cozy sleepovers again ;-)

12:33 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

The ducky's are sooo cute, and that bag organiser looks so handy!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Sorry this is off topic Angela, but just so you don't miss it - I put up an explantion of how we did my banner in my blog comments. I hope it helps!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I just copied and past ed the code for you here so you can see where to put your URL in the template.....

/* Header
----------------------------------------------- */
@media all {
#header {
width:660px;
height:309px;
margin:0 auto 10px;
background: #fff url(http://static.flickr.com/72/176034225_08e7740a6a_o.jpg) no-repeat top left;


So, if you scroll down a bit, near the top you'll see "Header" then there's this list. The URL gets pasted at "background". See the url(http://static.flickr.com.........etc?

I'm impressed you've gotten this far so fast :) Hope this helps!

Amy

11:18 AM  
Blogger Veronica TM said...

I love the embroidery, very nice!
And the organizer is very neat.
That flickr group idea is great!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Sleepovers!!!!! Who invented that idea. My daughter turned 9 today but she is having a sleepover of only one. It's a school night and her friend lives in the country so she is staying over. Others are coming for the party/ afternoon tea but after that they are going home.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home