Pixie Blossoms Free Templates

 

Monday, August 07, 2006

Vintage cushion & Christmas in August

I had been working on an ornament for Christmas- this Vintage ball inspired ornament, with 2006 embroidered on it, made of wool felt,vintage sequins, & vintage buttons hanging. Sorry blogger has mixed up all my photos, but below somewhere is a close up. This below is the back side of the cushion..I have finally finshed! Im happy with how it turned out! The picture makes the yellow darker than it really is on the borders & back , but you get the idea!
Close up of wool felt ornament:
Front of cushion with hand embroidery,vintage buttons, and that amazing old floral fabric thats in perfect condition.
And lastly: The close up of the chickys on the cho-cho train!
Im off to go camping for a few days so I will see visit everyone when I return! Hopefully with more treasures (theres supposed to be some great little thrift shops where Im headed) and some more finished embroiderys. I will be keeping check on my shop while Im away!
~cheers for now ~

11 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Everything is just wonderful, as usual! Have a great time camping and shopping ~grin~

8:55 PM  
Blogger beki said...

What nice things you've made!
I hope you have a great camping trip ;-)

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! The ornament and pillow are too wonderful!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Beautiful work. Enjoy your trip.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time camping! Thanks for tha embroidery designs, it was so kiind of you to send them!more later...

6:54 PM  
Blogger rachel said...

Happy camping or should I say, "Happy thrifting!" ? :o)

7:19 PM  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

I love the yellow and orange flowery fabric you've used on your cushion, it's a favourite colour combination of mine at the moment.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Veronica TM said...

I really love the ornament and the cushion, perfect!
Have fun camping. Can't wait to see what you find.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Oh I just love them! Your ornament is so adorable, I'm saying OOooooh outloud! Love the style of it, the colors and those special little details, amazing! And of course your coushion is so super sweet.

1:37 PM  
Blogger jen v said...

I love the ornament. Your detail in your work is so inspiring

3:08 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Love everything. I was inspired by one of your projects to do a bag with one of my embroidery projects. Inspired, mind you..not jolted into actually doing it yet. I love your cushion and the finishing on the back. Gorgeous..and the ornament is a great idea and so pretty.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home